Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

If only I had......over and over again

     I had the pleasure of speaking to Congressman Stupak at the conference call town hall meeting.
I am working on a letter to send to him regarding this whole mess we have here.  He has helped
us once before, time to step up to the plate again Bart.  He listens to you and seems down to earth
but then he leaves the room and he is a politician.  Can't trust em as far as you can throw them but
we need them and they need us.  We just have to remind them that they need us periodically. That isn't
even why I am blogging today.  Just popped up in the front of the brain and needed to come out first.
There are days like that.
     I am blogging about the stupidity of chemically injured people.  One in particular, me.  Some that may come as no surprise as I am my worst enemy.  Joe and I was watching BoatNerds.com and seeing what Great Lakes Boat was out there.  There was one we were keeping our eye on because it was right out our back door, so to speak, and hadn't moved for days.  In fact ice had formed around it.  Finally yesterday it was moving.  Yeah! Let's all go down to the public beach and watch the Coast Guard break the ice so they can come on in to Cheboygan!  Us and quite a few other people had the same idea.  They must have marine radio's too. 
     I saw it in the harbor and told Joe we had to go home and get the camera this was just so cool.  Now, I knew better but I have the fascination with the Great Lakes Boats now.  We got the camera and he drove me up to the gate across from the Boat.  The Boat was carrying gasoline for the big tanks kept in Cheboygan that vent
to the air. My husband reminded me of that and kept me upwind from the tanker and tanks.  I got some great pictures but my sinsuses were filling a bit swollen and I was getting hoarse.  Joe took me over the bridge so I could get a picture of it on the other side of the boat.  (which was downwind from the tanker and tanks)  I started having fuzzy vision and acting drunk Joe said.  That is what happens when exposed and people just think there are alot of drunks around.  Joe experienced a headache and some fogginess.  He was surprised that he had felt something.  He realized he shouldn't have brought me down there at all but I was insistent and we forget the dangers.
     For hours I could hardly move and my body hurt.  If only I had ignored my inner desire to see that Boat, but we want to be normal and I have to realize that I'm not. 
I hate this industry for its shoddy practices.  The thousands of people who have things wrong with them because of this industries shoddy practices and selfishness makes me want to puke.  Some days I do. 
Wanted to share my experience......we have to be aware of our surroundings and not ignore them. 
Jaime (Long) Chimner
Northern Michigan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. We don't all have to agree to live in this world but it sure is nice when we do. Stay safe.