if you look partway down the page you will see a pipeline that has had H2S running through it. It doesn't take that long as it is so caustic. Trying to find Michigan health info. but came across this.
Fig. 4. H2S metal fatigue
Metal fatigue, including hydrogen embrittlement or sulfide stress cracking, can result in a release of hydrogen sulfide gas.
- Being exposed to Hydrogen Sulfide.
- Getting Injured due to equipment failure.
- Select materials in accordance with the MR0175/ISO15156 criteria for H2S service.
- MR 0175C, Metals for Sulfide Stress Cracking and Stress Corrosion Cracking Resistance in Sour Oilfield Environments. National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE), (2003, December) [Also ISO 15156, Petroleum and natural gas industries—Materials for use in H2S containing environments in oil and gas production, International Standards Organization (ISO)].
- About MR 0175. Reviewed and approved 15 proposals for change to the standard.
- Treat drilling fluids to chemically reduce corrosion failures.