Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What is going in Michigan?

Last that I had heard was the well in Lake City, exploration well, had hit but not producing at the moment.  I find that hard to believe.  The one by Indian River M68 and Crombley Creek is drilling.
 I am not sure what they were drilling but on my way to Traverse City the other day (in my RED ZONE) I counted 7 wells being drilled actively and 2 pads being prepped for drill rigs, not sure what kind as we have Niaragan for oil , Antrim Twinned wells which uses fracking and are shallower or near our water tables and the new deep wells. All near the road or houses.  Since so much State Land was sold at auction I am assuming it is the new deeper wells.  Why did Encana pull out Michigan??? Anyone know????

******Interesting note:  Went on US 31 just south of Levering, this afternoon,  all kinds of trucks and backhoes and men in official hats and vehicles all over.  Got a picture but my husband was too nervous to stop (he's new at this).  I think I got some decent pics but will have to download them after another appt.  The name MEARS was on the side of one of the white pickups. DOES THAT MEAN ANYTHING TO ANYONE???
It was as if they were digging for the pipeline that runs through there.  Signs all over about watching for electrical lines, cell phones etc.  Anyone have a clue?
JAIME
northern michigan  

"Be the change that you want to see in the world"  Mahatma Ghandi
http://www.leaderpost.com/health/Sensitivity%20chemicals%20affects%20woman%20daily%20life/3067261/story.html

BP Death Clouds Already Onshore! Benzene-3400ppb & Hyrdrogen Sulfide-1200ppb TOXIC AIR ALERT           cnn.com/toxicamerica.
"Weebles wobble but they don't fall down!" Perfect!
I blog at  oilandgasinnorthernmichigan.blogspot.com  & myspace/bigoilinsmalltownamerica.com
oneifbylandbuckscounty.com, www.greenopolis.com,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. We don't all have to agree to live in this world but it sure is nice when we do. Stay safe.