Search This Blog

Saturday, February 26, 2011

People in this Industry couldn't survive with what we put up with!

    Northern Michigan here again.  I just have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that something is not right.  It has to do with going by that smelly Halliburton, A1 and Waste Management places.  I wonder how many of their children are sick with sinus issues (I had 4 nasal surgeries due to the industry, H2S in particular), or "mommy my heart feels funny", or short term memory goes on a trip or "look mommy, tommy tripped again over nothing".  Do their spouses try to tell these people when their own children aren't feeling well?  Ever wonder why you feel like you have bought the pediatricians new addition with so many visits? 
    How many victims are there out there, needlessly suffering not knowing there are people like us fighting for people like them.   
      Has a person working in this industry had to bring their 18 year old son to the Emergency Room because his heart was racing towards 200 beats per minute?  Had their 18 year old, athletic son, look at you like the little boy you are seeing him as at that moment?  How you feel every cell in your body stop as they put in the drug to stop my son's heart for a second hoping it would go back into a normal rhythm instead of atrial fibrillation.  Seeing the fear in this childs eyes as I hung onto his hand and gave him all the strength I had as they had to stop his heart again because the first time didn't work.  To have him working so close to these emissions and my hands are tied.  I have educated my children and they know they dangers but have they ever had to experience what we all have had to?!  
   If they had they wouldn't be doing what they are doing now. Operating with no regard to people or environment.  
Damn you industry, DAMN YOU!!
Jaime
Northern Michigan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. We don't all have to agree to live in this world but it sure is nice when we do. Stay safe.